Sixth Form Procedures for Attendance and Lateness
- Students are expected to attend all timetabled lessons, study sessions and interventions as directed by their Head of Year or the Head of Sixth Form.
- In the case of illness, on the first day of absence parents/carers are expected to email email@example.com or call our Academy switchboard by 8am (01268 552536)
- Parents of a student who is absent without reason will be contacted. Reasons must not be limited to ‘not well’
- If a student is absent without suitable reason, catch up will be implemented by teaching staff and if repeated, and a parental meeting held
- Persistent poor punctuality and absence will be addressed by the Head of Sixth Form and could result in loss of privileges or removal from courses
- If a student needs to leave school early, parents/carers should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the case of prolonged or repeated absences due to illness, students will be requested to provide medical evidence. If the situation continues, please be aware the school may contact parents to discuss the issue.
- Absence from lessons and from school can impact a student’s access to bursary payment. Timely return of paperwork for this is the responsibility of the student, not the Sixth Form team.